Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal: Traveling to Ranch (Kara)

It was just a crack of dawn and I seemed to hear something crackling in the leaves, like someone was leaving or approaching. “Lennie!” I yelled with just one eye open but there was no answer “Lennie!! At that point I had jumped up and realized that Lennie wasn’t there, but I could see his hat sticking out the bushes. He was in across the river about where I had thrown that dead mouse. “Lennie if you don’t leave that darn mouse alone and get over here, Jesus Christ” “But George I want the mouse to pet its so soft. Please, George.” As Lennie was making his way back to the site to pack up, we started to hear things. On the North side of us were some travelers traveling. “Who goes there!” yelled Lennie and he started to act like a wild animal. “ Lennie, Lennie, Lennie now calm down maybe they’re just passing through” I said “No George Ima Ima get the gun!” At that time the other men that was traveling began to speak. “You fellas from around here?” Lennie had disappeared, but from a tree on the side he started throwing rocks at the travelers. “Oh darn, Lennie!” I said to myself “I’m the Sheriff around here, and I think I just been assaulted by the big feller over there behind the tree. He needs to come with me down town” What has Lennie got us into now?

1 comment:

  1. You did a really great job incorporating the elements you learned in the first unit. You had great imagery and use of dialogue. The only issue I see with the piece is that it was really close to just being an addition to the story. In a true journal you would have more thoughts and feelings of George. Next time, really try in get inside George's head and figure out what he is feeling and why does what he does.

    ReplyDelete