Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal: The Dream (Mayela)

Dear Journal,
Lennie and I been thinking about buying a ranch of our own. We been working hard, but in some way Lennie ends up messing everything up or gets in trouble so we lose our job. Tomorrow we will be going to get interviewed. Hopefully we get the job, and I also hope Lennie stays out of trouble. If we really want to accomplish this dream of ours, buying the ranch with a lot of animals, then we are going to have to work hard. I know that when I put my mind to things I will be able to accomplish it. I also know that is only if Lennie could stay with his mouth closed, and act like a person his age. Oh God what I going to do with him? I just can’t let him go. I promised his aunt that I would stay with him forever, but I just cant do this. It’s just too hard to deal with him. If only there was some way he could remember things it would be much easier. Sometimes I just feel like giving up, but I can’t. Anyways- back to the dream.  Lennie wants to have a lot of bunnies different colors.  The thing is he doesn’t realize there are no bunnies green, yellow, or red and there will never be. Well I got to go now,I have to go keep Lennie out of trouble.  Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. You did a really good job in showing how conflicted George is. I like that you made his comments really stream-of-conscious-- you jumped from one idea to the next. That is realistic of what a real journal would look like. The most compelling part of your piece is when he is exploring the darker side, talking about his worries. Next time work on that angle, really give a voice to all the fear and anxiety he has. You have to remember this is the one place he would have to really let his feelings be known (he has few friends, no family). Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. --> Thank-You for the comments. I tried my best on it, I knew I was doing a good job even though I know it was not gonna be perfect.

    ReplyDelete