Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal: Keeping a promise (Monse)

I promised Lennie’s aunt; I had much respect for her. I promised her I would take care of him, and so I will. Is has just been so hard, without him I would be able to do so many things! But, I must do as I promised. We had to camp over the night, because the damn driver didn’t stop and we had to walk some 4 miles. And this fool who won’t understand me! This is great opportunity, I found another job and I really hope Lennie doesn’t screw up and lose it for the both of us like he has in the past. That fool! Always messing things up for me. If he wouldn’t be so obsessed with soft things, I never would have left the Weed. He doesn’t understand, why? He has killed a mouse, why can’t he be gentle? Dear Lord, please bless us. I am looking forward to that job; please don’t let him mess it up this time.

6 comments:

  1. Great job going beyond a basic summary. You were able to look past the details and identify the internal struggle that George is dealing with. You really gave him a strong voice to vent all of his frustration with Lennie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your story and details. But you should also try to include the details of why Lennie always messes things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job like that fact that you have almost every single detail int the story . Also is like giving a brief summary about the story , well the first paragraph . The fact that you describe how George struggles with Lennie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job ! i like the fact that you gave a brief and strong summary . You included almost every single detail needed. The fact that you describe how George feels and hoe he struggles with Lennie .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Job Monse!=) Its A Great Story!=) But Like You Shuld Include Why Lennie And How He Struqqles!=)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Guys :) I Agree With Monika and Yesenia About Lennie . :) Thanks !

    ReplyDelete