Monday, October 3, 2011

George's Journal:The New Job (Yessenia)

Me and Lennie went over for the interview.  On the way, I was reminding Lennie about what he was going to say, which was not say a word. When I went into the office, I was in there for several hours. Lennie was sitting there quietly when I went back but he was holding something in his hand. I saw it, and it was another mouse. I told him to give it to me, but he would always refuse. So I left it as it as is and told him that we had gotten the job, and about how excited I was about starting the new job.
The next day was our first day working at our new job. “Welcome gentlemen, here is where you are going to be working everyday.” Our boss told us. He took us over to where we were going to work at. As we were walking to our station we were getting a lot of mug stares. “I don’t think I'ma like it here George.. I'm..I'm scared George.” Lennie told me and I told him “Don’t cha’ be scared boy, This is where our dream begins! Were gunna live in a farm pretty soon, just as long as we keep working here. So there's nothing to be afraid of Lennie; its okay.” “If you say so George.” He told me. Hours later when we were working this big guy came up to us and he started saying so many rude things. I told him that I didn’t want any problems and to walk away . But he told me “ We’ll see about that” and since his shift was over he left. Once mine and Lennie’s shift was over we was so worried we were not looking forward to the next day.

2 comments:

  1. i like the fact that you pointed out the details . Gave a brief summary about George's journal . How you put the words together , coming from the book. Did a really Great Job , liked it lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like How You Wrote Details About The Book.. Nice Job!=)

    ReplyDelete