Monday, October 24, 2011

Personal Response: Okies & Of Mice And Men( Mayela Franco)


The Okies were people that migrated , they moved from place to place. They migrated because every place they would try to stay the farmers could buy the area where they lived so they would get kicked out, and have to move somewhere else. If I was in their position I would feel really sad. If my parents would just walk in the house and said we had to move, I would probably freak out asking why we would have to move. The farming caused them to move from place to place because they farmed seasonal so they had to move place to place to follow the seasons. Like for example, you can not always plant things during the winter. Temperatures can get really low and the plants will die, and that would be a waste of money and time they wasted planting the crops. Many Okies decided to move West so California, Oregon and Washington started growing and many people where pushed off the plains. Unlike Lennie and George move from ranch to ranch because Lennie is always messing up things for George. Lennie will get in trouble and they have to leave because they will not want them any more.

4 comments:

  1. I Agree With Your Story. And I Share You Opinion ABout Californian's Back Then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like your story and even telling about if you were in there shoes, i really like that part. i don't think you have to change anything, your's is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Really Like Your Story. Its Good (: What I Dislike; I Dont Know. Nothing i Guess :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this! i like how you compared and gave your point of you of the subject. good job! :)

    ReplyDelete