Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal: The Dream (Ana)

As we walked to camp for the night Lennie was acting like a child. He was carrying a dead mouse & petting it as if it was to be alive. O’ dear god, what am I gonna do with him? All he ever does is slow me down. But I can’t leave him now, he has nobody & neither do I. He really does mean a lot to me, even though I treat him bad & sometimes scream at him. Afterwards, it breaks my heart to see his face after I scream at him. I really want to give Lennie a normal life, stop running away, find a stable job, & get a house. I keep on telling Lennie that we are going to do all this that this, that this Dream will come true to us. We just gotta try & give an effort to make it work. I told him he must not get in anymore trouble. Sometimes though, I just wish I was gone from him, that he wasn’t next to me anymore. Or maybe even that he was gone. He does get me mad.  I might as well tell him to leave, or when he’s asleep just get up & walk away. No no! What am I thinking of?  He’s like my brother, he’s family… We outta stick together. No matter what happens I have to be there for him. He’s always been here for me… I feel bad for him having to be stuck with me. I can’t believe that I think he’s a drag for me. He’s actually the only one who keeps me happy. He’s the only one who has ever cared for me. He truly is something special.

6 comments:

  1. Great job showing the struggle that George seems to be in. You had good perspective and the difficulties of their friendship. I also like that you explored the idea of the real dream that George has for the future. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, you did a good job in putting yourself in George's place and explaining how frustrated George feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really liked what you wrote! it has a lot of description and details on the way that George feels towards Lennie!! great job Ana

    ReplyDelete
  4. goof job! great story. i like the way you put you're elfin lennie's place and the detail u put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its aight.. naw haha its cool, just on that one part you put "that this" twince. but you did a good job putting yourself in george's place.

    ReplyDelete