Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal: Lennie & the New Job (Selso)

Blog writing
Tomorrow we were going to start working at our new job, if Lennie remembers not to say anything. We can get the job, just hope Lennie remembers to say nothing at all. He just stand there with his mouth shut. Maybe we will get the job, if Lennie doesn’t do the same thing he did in Weed. We will hopefully keep this job for a long time. I better get him a mouse or rabbit so he won’t go feeling every soft thing that he sees. I wonder if he will remember to stay quiet? Lennie isn’t here right now, but I bet he went over to get that dead mouse again. He always breaks them, I think he would brake a rabbit too. I guess a grown dog is also better than a puppy. But, if I get him a grown dog he will probably get into more trouble than before. I just need him to not get into any trouble till I collect enough money to buy that field and the animals. Then we won’t have to work on other people's ranches. 
Personal response: 
The dream of George and Lennie is possible if they work hard enough. If they save their money and don’t get into any trouble like they did in the weed their dream can become true. I think they will reach their dreams if Lennie doesn’t do anything to get them kicked out of the ranch. If he does, they can go find another ranch like they did before.  I think they can make their dream come true.

1 comment:

  1. Good job in giving a voice to George. You included both the journal and personal response, but really you can focus on one or the other. You have some great ideas and I would like to see you explore them further. Really dive in to the thoughts and feelings behind what is happening to the men. Delving into their feelings will really help lead to a better understanding of their motivations.

    ReplyDelete