Tuesday, October 4, 2011

George's Journal: Headed to a new job, once again! (Mrs. Burks)


We made our way from town today, but that darn driver wouldn’t drop us anywhere close to the ranch.  Walked nearly 4 miles before we got close enough to camp for the night.  I’m awful worried about startin’ this new job with Lennie.  I really want to make a go of it, and get this little piece of land.  One or two more harvests,  and I might just have enough money to do it. But that Lennie, he just might be the ruin of me.  Darn fool can’t keep a thought in his head longer than a blink of an eye.  Lord help us if he gets into the same sort trouble that came down in Weed.   I respected his Aunt and I made a promise to watch out for him, but how much more do I have to take?  A man can only take so much, and I am pretty sure I nearing my breaking point.  How long do I have to put my life on hold for that fool?

No comments:

Post a Comment