Wednesday, October 5, 2011

George's Journal:New Job (Tyler)

We were walking down the road and I kept wondering if Lennie would mess the job up some way. I knew Lennie would remember what I told him, but it kept bothering me.  What would happen at the interview? I was worried Lennie would find another mouse and mess the interview up or would he say something really dumb. I want to believe what he said was true, but I know how many times he has ruined everything.  I said Lennie, do you see that fresh mouse over there? You can go get it if you want. I watched as Lennie chased after and caught the mouse, but shortly the mouse was dead again.  He kept smiling and petting that dead mouse.  I told him at the end of the day, I want you to throw out that mouse.  He looked at me and said he remembered that if he doesn’t mess this up then he can have as many mice as he wants. If he does mess it up,  I’m going to make sure he never touches a mouse again

1 comment:

  1. You did good at exploring some of George's feelings. Next time, really focus on what is going on in his head. Remember, this is one of the view places George would have to voice all his frustrations and fears. Is he going to just talk about what happened in his day or talk about how those things made him feel? If you look a little deeper in to his head you will start to understand his motivation for what he does in the book.

    ReplyDelete