Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Personal Response: The Depression & their friendship (Monica)

What I feel about the Great Depression is that it had an effect on a lot of people, and it was an economic slump in the North America and it affected Europe. I wonder, how did they get money? How could they eat without money? It started when people got richer and richer. They just invested in stock and didn’t take future consideration.  It hurts to know how migrant workers couldn't get a good paycheck from a real company. They have to work up and down country side because they were  illegal or poor.  

I think that mentally handicapped people need professional help, just like in the case of Lennie. He has the mind of a kid that doesn’t understand when someone says no. I feel bad because George doesn’t have to carry Lennie around, but he made a promise. When I first read about Lennie I thought he was a guy who should be mature and not act like a little boy.

The friendship of Lennie and George is good.  I feel that George doesn’t like Lennie too much, but he acts like he loves him. George is not doing it for Lennie, it’s for his aunt so she can know that they are together. George would do anything for Lennie.

The feelings I have about the dream they have is that it is not going to come true at all . That is because of how Lennie act,  and plus they just think they are going to try hard and be able to reach that dream. They think this dream is going to come true, but at last it wont. They fooling themselves, making illusions about a future they aren’t going to have.

5 comments:

  1. I like that you gave all the stem questions an answer. That helps you to meet the length requirement, but it also lets you get by with out digging deep into your analysis. I see lots of great insights in each paragraph. Next time. I challenge you to stick to one part and go deeper into that thought process. I know it will be more difficult, but I am really interested to see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh! Ms.Burks Thankz! Its Because I Thouqht We Had To Write About All Of Them! But Sure Next Time I Will!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu Used Great Details :) I like THat you Gave Your Opinion and expressed it well . i think the last Part sounded a Bit harsh but it's your view :) . . . Good JOb ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thaxksz Eric!=)

    Monzse: Thnkx Ill Doo Better Next Time!(:

    ReplyDelete