Friday, October 21, 2011

Personal Response: Napoleon Complex (Blue)


My thoughts on the Napoleon Complex: My opinion on Napoleon Complex is that it doesn’t really have to do with just small men, but I think it go’s for woman too.  I think this because, when ever I think of the NC, I think of school. A lot of teenagers here are like that. Bullying comes to mind. Little people don’t want to be bullied, so they instead make themselves a reputation of being tough. Do I believe in the idea of the Napoleon Complex? Yes I do. I don’t know or have known anybody with that syndrome, but my dog is like that. He’s a small chihuahua, be acts like he’s a big German Sheppard. He is very intimidated by my cat since he’s bigger than him. He’s always wanting to pick a fight with him. This is why I think it kind of relates to Curley in the book, because Curley thinks he’s all high and mighty when he’s actually a very tiny man.
A thought from Curley’s mind:
“Man I hate that guy. He thinks he can come in here and be all macho man, and be the strongest man on my farm. You hear that Lennie? My ..my farm. Shoot when I met him, he looked like nothing but trouble. And that’s what he’s gonna end up being nothing but trouble. Think your so big? Huh? Well don’t under estimate me buddy. I could beat a whole army of men down in a blink of an eye..with one hand behind my back..there's not a doubt in my mind you would dare start a fight with me.”

5 comments:

  1. I liked they way you explained your article. the things i didn't like were you said the napoleon complex was for women as well but if you read the whole article it does talk about women too. the other thing is you kind of missed some words at the beginning of your sentences which made the sentences a little harder to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good i like they way you wrote out your article. the way you explained it and added details . and how you gave and wrote your opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Think That Your Opinion Is Really True Because That Is Actually What Happens Now Ah Times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. Your writing was formatted very good. I like how you wrote it out. It made it interesting and more... true I guess. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete