Saturday, October 13, 2012

How I define the American dream (Felton)


How I define the American dream, it is made up of people from other countries move to the United States to have a better life for all races of color. I believe that the American dream changed over the course of American history by making the United States a peaceful and wonderful place to live. Plus in other countries like Mexico and Afghanistan, they always have wars, no jobs, people getting killed, and sometimes no food. The positives about our country are that people are getting along together, have more jobs, a lot to eat, and also you can have a better life. The negative side is airline rates have increased to not let people from other countries come to America to destroy it like 9/11.

My American dream is to play on the McDonald’s all-American basketball team as a professional athlete, and also give back to the community because my community helped me to become one of the top 10 basketball players in the KCK league last year. I practiced at the community centers like argentine, Bethany and that’s why I want to help people to follow their dreams. My hope for the future is that I will inspire everyone that I know to follow their dreams and want to make them never give up your talent for sports, music, etc. throughout my life I’m still conditioning and training to be at my best that I can be. Some of the strengths to reach my dream is my GPA, because if you don’t get them grades up in any high school, nobody will get you in a division I college. The things that prevent me from reaching my goal is to not work hard or play hard because if you don’t work hard at something, then you would not play for a team and you wont go nowhere to follow your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment