Wednesday, December 5, 2012

American Dream


Blog 1

I would define the American dream as getting a better education or to live on my own and care for myself. I believe that the dream from the past has changed because blacks and Mexicans have better rights now than back then. The positives are that there are laws that perfect the rights of these people, and there are so many people from many races that help each other to reach their dreams just like the teachers from Wyandotte high. The negative is that there is races that want to get rid of rights for them and don’t want them around.

My American dream is to be a cosmetologist. I also hope to own my own house and be married to a loving man and start a family. My greatest strength I already know how to fix hair nails and make up because I practice on my mom’s hair. What prevents me to try is that people who don’t believe me or trust in me. Another thing that is preventing me to do that is my grades that may interfere on what I may want to be when I get older or to complete my American dream. Another thing it that I may get pregnant or have a baby and that will take most of my time away then I wont be able to follow my goals.

-Belem lee 

No comments:

Post a Comment