Friday, November 2, 2012

The Dust Bowl and its Effects


The Dust Bowl and Its Effects


        How would it feel if you were an Okie during the dust bowl? Being there during a dust bowl would be a scary event. Because you will have to leave everything, your home and friends. An Okie is a group of people who migrate to another place because of a bad situation or to find a job. If I was there during the dust bowl, I would have been very scared. You wouldn’t be able to see anything, because the dust would be covering your eyes and your face. And you will need to take cover somewhere the dust won’t come in. Before the dust storm comes, people would pack up and leave with their families and pets. And they would go to another place to live. “The families packed their belongings and set out on a journey of three days or more down Route 66 to a supposedly better life in the Far West”. (http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe30s/water_06.html).But the people who stayed would fear the consequences of a dust storm. I think that the little kids and old people would have the ones that suffer more. I would have taken care of my little siblings. I think the dust bowl affected everyone who lived there during the dust bowl. I think that the dust bowl has to do something with the book of Mice and Men because, I think in the book a really big and bad dust bowl will happen. And the workers will need to leave or stay there during a dust bowl. I thinks that how its connected with the book.

 By: Teresa Salinas

No comments:

Post a Comment