Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dust Bowl


DUST BOWL EFFECT

              The Living History Website said that, “California – the state that had once advertised for more migrant workers – found themselves overwhelmed by up to 7,000 new migrants a month, more migrants than they needed” (Living History).

 The Oklahoma historical society it said that, ‘’South westerners had been moving west in significant numbers since 1910. However, not until the 1930s did this migration, particularly to California, become widely noticed and associated with Oklahomans. During the Great Depression decade Oklahoma suffered a net loss through migration (outflow minus inflow) of 440,000. Although Oklahomans left for other states, they made the greatest impact on California and Arizona, where the term "Okie" denoted any poverty-stricken migrant from the Southwest (Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas). From 1935 to 1940 California received more than 250,000 migrants from the Southwest. A plurality of the impoverished ones came from Oklahoma.’’

My thoughts are about this is that most of the people who lived in the dust bowl really did have a hard time living there and I know they had they be very scared of that storm when they see it coming. I know for a fact that some of the people had to ware mask for their own safety reasons. I know I would never have what it takes to live in the dust bowl because I have amah so I think I would be sick for the rest of my life and I know with all the house that looks like the way look I know my family will have a really hard time living their. More than likely their lives changed when the dust bowl started to kill people and make them sick everyday of their life I know some them had to move from where they stayed. I hope this will not happened again because the earth had change over the years and been down to Oklahoma before so for I heard there is no signed of any dust storms lately.     

No comments:

Post a Comment