Friday, August 24, 2012

Love at first sight


 

       I think that it’s nice that Romeo and Juliet fall in love, but actually love at first sight is when a person falls in love with another person when they first see them before they even get to know them (usually on how they look on their appearance). I think that Romeo and Juliet is more of a “true love” story. The way I think of it is when I read the book in class is that “love at first sight” is a bit of a widely debated thing to say. I think some people would say that true love is based on physical appearance, and others would say that maybe some one might be able to recognize true love immediately. I am a bit confused that Shakespeare devotes part of the play to one question; he says that Romeo and Juliet are these two “star-crossed lovers “in other words; the two are “thwarted”(fell in love) by destiny from the beginning of the book (movie). Although not meant to be together, they may still truly be in love with each other and that good for both of them. I also think that neither of them took the time to learn about one another and were clearly very much in the heat of the moment when they chose to ignore their parents and listen to their hearts instead. I figure in a time were family in everything, Juliet was prepared to sacrifice her family’s valued reputation and put their name in jeopardy just for love. (I think that’s so sweet of her) this could explain why the two didn’t choose to be familiar with each other before letting the impulse take over, that probably why girls act that their fist “boyfriend” will be the one they will marry and for Juliet, when that perfect opportunity came during a rough time for the pair the both didn’t look back. Well I think that that was “more” than 180 words for this essay and on a last note I feel that Romeo and Juliet is one of the most awesome, but yet debatable love story of all time. (Thank you Shakespeare)

No comments:

Post a Comment